The drawback of this method is that it eliminates some security protection. The
method Justin gives takes no time and maintains security.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Mike Mote
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:18 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Protected Mode

You can turn this off for all of your documents in word by following the
following steps:
1.  Open Microsoft Word.  You can close the document that opens, if a blank one
does load  at start-up.
2.  Press Alt plus F, followed by the letter T to bring up the options menu.
Use your arrow key  or press the letter T until you find the trust center
option, and then tab over to the button that says Trust Center Settings.
Press enter or the spacebar to open this menu.
3.  Now use the arrow keys or press the letter P until you hear Protected View.
Once this is highlighted, press the tab key, and uncheck the three boxes that
you hear announced.
4.  Once you have unchecked these boxes, press the OK button, which should save
your settings.
5.  Lastly, try to open the file that you want to view in Word.  JAWS should
now read it for you.  I hope this is helpful.  Good luck!