If I may jump in here, I just wanted to say that you are correct.

-----Original Message----- From: Fernando Gregoire
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 11:52 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] how to automatically put jaws to sleep

Hi Denis.
When you are in the application in which you want JAWS to sleep, press INSERT+6. If there is no JCF file for that application, a dialog box will appear to confirm creation of a new one; leave the name as is and press ENTER; Settings Center will open.
In Settings Center, press CTRL+E to go to the search box and type sleep.I
N the search results, find the one for Sleep Mode and press SPACEBAR to toggle the status between Disable, Enable and Enable/unload the synthesizer. Speech will take a bit longer to go back when you exit or switch focus away from the application if you select Enable and Unload the Synthesizer, but there will be more RAM available for your program and also speech will stop inmediately when you focus the program.