From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Fernando Gregoire
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 2:00 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Find & Find/Replace Have Changed in Word2010

I find that the Navigation Pane is more useful than the classic Find and
Replace dialog when you don't need to use buildcards nor other advanced
filtering methods.
When you press CTRL+F, a task pane called Navigation Pane will appear; if you
have the Office Sounds add-on installed, you'll ear the sound assigned to the
New View event.
To go to this panel, just press F6.
Regarding searching, when you start typing the caret in the document will move
automatically to the results while you type. Press ENTER to go to the next
result, and tab to the Previous Result button to go to the prior. The advantage
compared to the classic Find and Replace dialog is that there are buttons which
counts how many results are and, when tabbing, JAWS will read each result so
you can press SPACEBAR on the one you want to directly move to it in the
document. Moreover, in the Navigation Pane you can also move by headings. This
last feature is not very useful in small documents because JAWS has the heading
list with INSERT+F7, but for large documents where this JAWS keystroke times
out and don't return results this Word feature helps a lot.