From: Eric Damery
To: David Ferrin
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 11:21 AM
Subject: There have been a couple posts of echoing after updating

David,

I have seen a couple of posts show up on lists where users hear some strange
after installing the update. They have described it as an echoing. While I'm
not certain, I suspect they have gotten into a state where two instances of
JAWS are running. I always suggest that if for some reason, things don't seem
right after doing the update, the user reboot an extra time as sometimes,
something is a miss after the first reboot when JAWS launches, right after an
update.

The other suggestion I would make to users who are having strange problems that
others are not experiencing. It might make sense to consider clearing out the
files in there users folder under the JAWS Program Folder. This would result in
them having to set up voice settings and everything again but sometimes, it is
easier to get rid of everything and start over then track down the old setting
which might be causing the conflict.

They can also test this theory by just launching JAWS from the Run Dialog this
way:
c:\jaws9 /default

This will by pass their current user folder and let them run with default
settings to test and see if there settings are causing the issue.

Regards,
Eric Damery
Freedom Scientific, Inc.
Visit the JAWS Users List home page at: