From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2018 8:45 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Superscript in Word 2016

Hi. In previous versions of Word, superscript would be verbalized when I
moved character by character. also, when I typed a number such as 14th, Word
would automatically make the "th" superscript. Neither is happening with
Word 2016 and the current release of JAWS 2018. Even more disconcerting, a
sighted assistant tells me that sometimes the "th" or "nd" is superscript,
sometimes not, probably because I'm working in a document created in an
earlier version of Word.

Can anyone suggest how:

  1.  To get Word to make "th" and "nd" in numbers like 14th and 2nd
automatically appear as superscript?
  2.  To get JAWS to report superscript, and also subscript, in Word
documents? I looked at the intermediate settings  for anything that might
help, but nothing leapt out.

Note: Superscript is handled fine in Outlook 2016, which I have tethered to
Word 2016.

Thanks.