It is nice JAWS to offer many so different built-in schemes and, in case
none of them suit our needs, the capability of configuring each aspect of a
scheme.
For dayly use, I'm right with the Classic scheme with only one (technically
six) modification: instead of hearing heading level numbers, I configured
the Classic scheme to play a different piano note depending on the specific
heading level, therefore navigating by headings or reading documents with
many titles is faster.
Since I rarely need JAWS to report each attribute or font change in a text
(usually INSERT+F for specific parts is enough), I'm not confident with
Proofreading-like schemes that indicate changes simply by reading the
affected with another voice or pitch. For these cases, I prefer built-in
variants of the Classic Scheme instead.

Regarding Word changing automatically superscripts, subscripts and many
other things, I find useful to have the Provide Feedback with Sound option
checked. On this topic, it plays a Liquid Paper sound when Word changes
something automatically, and a thighter one when you place your caret over
a text which was modified automatically, although in this case by default
JAWS say “Smart tag: Undo automatic actions,” which indicate you can press
ALT+SHIFT+F10 to open a context menu related to the correction made.

Hope it helps!