My laptop running XP Pro and Jaws v10 start up is broken. When I turn off the
pc and reboot it is taking a really longtime for the PC to reboot back in to
windows. Sometimes it can take ten minutes before I hear Jaws speak. There is
no start up sound and when I turn the computer off again there is no shutdown
sound either. This has been happening for a couple of months off and on but for
a while the problem would correct itself and the computer would function
normally. So, I didn't worry about it much. But now these issues won't go away.
I have to use system restore to get most of my laptop functions back such as
the use of the volume up/down controlls and mute buttons. However, if I
shutdown the computer again the problems return and I have to use system
restore again. I don't even like turning the computer off anymore but of course
that means overheating which certainly can not be good for the unit. By the
way, under the system tools menu in XP where system restore is located there is
something called "activate windows." What does this actually do? Just curious.
Any advice is most welcomed and appreciated for resolving these issues. Thanks.
Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
http://www.blind-computing.com