Please write me off list to discuss this other option you discuss

thanks
Al

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com]on Behalf Of Van Der Walt
Riana
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] User Review of EyePal Scanner

Hello David,

I've read your review and just wondered whether you are aware of, or
have perhaps tested the plustec optic book 4600 scanner with Kurzweil's
latest version 11.03, before making the observation that this extremely
expensive Eyepal scanner performs better than Kurzweil?

I was not yet able to obtain the Plustec scanner, though I am using
Kurzweil, but
It can apparently scan right into the binding of books, eliminating the
problem one has with other flatbed scanners and according to discussions
on the Kurzweil list, its performance is excellent and  together with
Kurzweil, amounting to about probably a quarter of the price of the
device you've just mentioned.

Even with a normal flatbed Epson scanner, 80% of books I've scanned,
scan acceptable with Kurzweil, on double page scanning, if one scans
sideways.

Regards

Riana