To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] outlook 2007

I am using it now, and using it to write this message.  I do not like it
as much as 2003, but, as I define accessible, I would have to say that
at least the Email client is accessible, as that is all of it that I use
on a daily basis.  But I don't like it.  Office 2007 is a resource hog.
Programs take a long time to load, and I find just about all operations
to be slow.  Even simple things like messages opening.  And, because
Outlook 2007 uses Word as it's editor, messages will only read
automatically if you open them by using the ENTER key.  If you are used
to deleting an open message with CONTROL-D, and expecting the next
message to start reading automatically, it ain't gonna happen.  And it
doesn't matter which screen reader you use.  And, I didn't even mention
the ribbons.  They are accessible, and there are keyboard commands that
you can memorize that pretty much circumvent the ribbon. Also, there is
an add-on that you can buy for $30 that will give you a toolbar that
recreates the classic dropdown menus.
Andy