As far as I know, this is not possible. You have to set the verbosity punctuation settings to all in order for JAWS to read periods at the end of sentences. Of course, if you set it to all, it will say ellipsis at the end of any sentence where this sign occurs. It shouldn't read this sign as period period period or dot dot dot. If JAWS is set to read these signs, it should only say elipsis. JAWS will say dot dot dot whenever there is a bunch of periods in a row. You will often find this while reading the table of contents in a book for example. This is the same for any letter or symbol. JAWS will only repeat it three times if it is used excessively.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kimsan" <ksong8...@msn.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 11:50 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] punctuation frustration

Ok, I am going nuts.  Lets see if I can word this right.

   What is the difference between the period and the ellipses?
I hate it when jaws says dot dot dot for the ellipses but it also says period period period which I hate. So, how can I get the pronounciation of elipsis to be silent but also have all the periods be read for like the end of sentences? This customizing punctuation is a pain in the A$$! I should have just left it alone and not try to "customise" it.