To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:03 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Disabling preset quick keys on the keyboard

hello to all
I have 2 problems going on here first of all i will tell you what I am working with it is a dell inspiron 1545 running XP and jaws professional version 10. Now on to the problems i received this laptop from vocational rehabilitation the other day and when I started working with and learning the keys with keyboard help on it was discovered that the F 7 key acts as a mute key my question, is there a way to disable this quick key so that the F7 key performs normally with jaws? Now problem 2 I also have noticed that the only F key that reads properly is the F6 key some examples of what the other F keys are reading are as follows F1 = right bracket, F2= karat, and the F3 key reads the number 3 how can I fix this problem I appreciate any help I can get to resolve these issues Thank you all in advance.

                           Josh