To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 03, 2009 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] MSE Now Available

Hello,

Got these instructions from Blind Access Journal at:
http://blog.blindaccessjournal.com/2009/09/download-instructions-for-microso
ft.html

Until Microsoft corrects the download process, an alternative exists for
blind users to gain access to the software. Follow these steps to download
Microsoft Security Essentials:

1. Visit the Microsoft Security Essentials Web site.

2.Select the "Locales and languages" link.

3.Press the screen reader keystroke to redraw or refresh the interpretation of the screen's contents. This command is Insert+Escape for JAWS and System Access, and Insert+Backslash for Window-Eyes. This step is critical in order
to view the information that has changed on the dynamic Web page.

4.Select the country in which you are located from the combo box.

5.Select the link appropriate for the 32- or 64-bit operating system you are
running. The download process begins.

I haven't tried out the program myself and would like to kno people's
experiences with it to see if it's in fact a viable alternative to other
security packages that are out there right now.

Cristobal