To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:14 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS 11 security update

Hi List,

Just to clarify, if you have downloaded and installed the JAWS 11 prior to October 23rd at 2:30 PM EST, then you can check for updates in the Help Menu now, and you can get this update in that fashion. If you're not sure you need it, you can just verify the version of JAWS you have installed now in the about box, from the Help menu also.

The current relase with the security update included, is 11.0.734 which is also the only version available on the Download page now. So, if you install from the web today for the first time, you are all set. Also, I wanted to let you all know that the DVD that is going to be shipping has been delayed a few days to make certain it contains this newer build which contains the Security update. The SMA shipments will start to go out by Thursday, October 29 once they clear our testing lab and complete the production process. So anyone who is installing from the DVD on 32 bit or 64 bit Windows should continue to check for updates as always, but I wanted to be clear that the security update is already included on your DVD.

Regards,
Eric Damery
Freedom Scientific