Did you max the windows  to see if that might be te problem? I'm just
guessing here.

Take care.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Greg
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009 5:40 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Serious problems when reading .txt files

Hello all,
I am running JAWS 11 on an acer netbook with windows7 starter edition.
When I am trying to read the text in a .txt file JAWS does not read it
write.  As I move forward through the document it will get to a line of text
and say blank like there is nothing there.  Also when I try to go back
through a text document it is as if the text has disappeared.  I have tried
using notepad, as well as akel pad, and have the same problem with both.
Now, when I try to open the documents in Microsoft word it is like there is
no text at all.  Any suggestions on what might be causing these problems and
what to try to fix it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Greg W.