The video and sound work fine on my computer, but first someone needs to press the "play" button! I had my son activate the video since I could not find any indication of any such control on the whole page.

Since you can play the video in Facebook, which probably uses Adobe's Flash,perhaps this page also uses Flash but the player embedded into the page was built in a way to make the control invisible. Another possibility is that this page uses Microsoft's Silverlight technology to display the video. I have not seen any Silverlight pages that have accessible controls. I do not think Microsoft has made it possible to make Silverlight accessible at this point.

You might want to send a message to the site's webmaster to inform them that the site and webcam are not accessible. Meantime, if the video and sound work within Facebook, use that portal for now.

Don Marang

From: "Kathy D'Avia" <kkda...@msn.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:06 PM
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Viewing a web cam from an internet site

Hello,

There is a web site that has a camera in the den of a black bear named Lily.

http://www.bear.org/website/

My computer will not display the video camera. Others tell me that they can see and hear the bear. Lily is going to have her cubs soon and I would like to hear them.

I am running a vista home premium, 64 bit with JAWS 11 and IE 7.

On Lily's facebook page there are videos and I can play them there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kathy.