Hello,
that sounds exactly like what I am experiencing. What does insert tab do. It should be caps tab when working on a laptop I guess. Does any one know if the problem is present in excel 2000 or 2007. Cause I found it to be absent in 2000 and present in 2003.

Thanks

----- Original Message ----- From: "Annette Carr" <amca...@verizon.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 12:57 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Sorting in excel

When setting up a sort in Excel, I have found that I some times have to
press down arrow a number of times before JAWS will read the items in the
dialog box for the column headers.  There are other time that I cannot get
JAWS to read any of the items in this box and I have to guess at how many
times to press down or up arrow, tab away from the box and tab back.
Insert+Tab rarely works in this box.

Annette

Annette