Yes, although I haven't checked the newer DLink routers. The older ones, for some reason only with Jaws, their links showed up as graphical numbers which you could re-label. But, with Win-Eyes and System Access, they were named correctly. So, again, it is another bug-like something with Jaws that Freedom Scientific refuses to squash. Again, don't know if it is still in play with the newer DLink routers. I have a newer spare DLink router here so if you need me to test it, I could, but don't really need to pull my current router out of the network if not necessary. But, you can still use the dLink routers with no problem.

I currently use a Linksys WRT-350 here. That is probably more router than you need. However, although the interface works, getting newer firmware from the Cisco website is almost impossible with a screen reader. They have one of these spinning combo boxes, and it won't work with Jaws nor with Window-Eyes.

For that reason, unless Cisco gets around to changing their website, I'm not nuts on their products now. I have had some problems with my Linksys router dropping the network connection, although the last time I updated the firmware, it seems to have resolved itself.

I guess having said all that, you could look at Linksys if you want an interface that is accessible with no extra workarounds. But, just be aware that for the past two years, their website is a disaster trying to get firmware. An alternative is Netgear. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Vicki" <vwher...@comcast.net>
To: "JAW'S Users" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2010 9:55 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] looking for a router

I'm in need of a new wireless router, and I'm wondering which routers work
best with JAWS. I know that D-Link has some problems with graphics and can
be a little tricky to set up. Are other wireless routers easier to use as
far as installation and router setup?

Thanks.

Vicki

My heart is in his hands. His heart is in my soul.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4960 (20100320) __________

http://www.eset.com