Hi David, Thanks for your answer! I'll make your changes today. That will make my reading so more enjoyable!

Many thanks again. Vicky
----- Original Message ----- From: "David" <davidwhitehead1...@cogeco.ca>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2010 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] keyboard manager question

Hi Victoria;

you can follow these steps to accomplish turning off jaws announcing the
period.

Hello there;

1, insert+f2,
c=configuration manager press enter.
2, now, press, ctrl+shift+d=default manager.

3, now press alt+s=options,

4, now press the letter K=keyboard options.

5, shift+tab one time you should hear, general,
right arrow one time, you should hear key-labels.

6, now tab one time, your in a list, press, the letters, S&Y=symbols,
you will hear, no labels speak,
tab one time, and, press, the spacebar on,
toggle mute button,
now, tab and press enter, on, okay button,
alt+f4, and say yes to changes.

hope this helps.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Victoria Vaughan" <vrvaug...@mailzone.com>