Hanging indents are opposite of a standard indent. IN a hanging indent, the first line is written at the left margin, while subsequent lines are written at the first tabstop from the left margin. You'll see this often in a dialog, or possibly in a question-and-answer format so that each question and the first line of each answer are at the margin.

Control-shift-t undoes a hanging indent.  Control-T initiates one.

----- Original Message ----- From: "susie Q" <susi...@cogeco.ca>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 10:43 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] question about MS word 2003, and hanging indent?

Hi can some one tell me what does hanging indent mean? I am using MS word 2003, and I had to close word, to get rid of it, I can't remember the key comand I hit by accedent, and don't know how to undo it, unless control Z is the undo? thanks sue
Tomorrow Is Always Fresh With Know Mistakes In It yet.
Anne Of Green Gables