Hi there.

Probably i have a solution for you.
Go to Windows Explorer, and be on the root of the drive C:
Go to the Tools menu, and activate the folder settings.
Go to the view tab, and tab to the tree view, and arrow down to "Hide hidden
system files" which is on, and change it's status to Off, by pressing the
spacebar.
Tab to ok, and press enter.
Now you are shown a lot of files more than before, and be not frustrated
over that.
Most common is, that, you now can see the folder "RECYCLER" on the root of
your drive C:, and it's you'r Recycle Bin.

Now go to the folder "Documents and Settings", and open it, afterwards open
the folder "All users" and than the folder "Desktop".
Now press your Applications key, just to the left for your right ctrl key,
and arrow down to "New" and press enter, and than select "Shortcut".
If you are using a Laptop without an Applications key on it, so press
shift+f10 instead, arrow down to "New" and press enter, and select
"Shortcut", and now follow the rest of the instructions.
Tab to the view button, and press enter, and in the tree view find you'r
drive C: and than highlight the folder RECYCLER, and tab to next.
Type in the name of you'r Recycle Bin, that you want to be shown on you'r
Desktop, and tab to Finish.
Now you have created a shortcut for your Recycle Bin on your Desktop.

Now press "backspace" until you are back on the root of drive C: and than go
to the Tools menu, "Folder Settings" and go to the View tab, and in the tree
view change the "Hide hidden system files from Off to On, by pressing
spacebar on it, and tab to Apply, and than Ok.
Now you're done, and all should work just as before, and there is an
Icon/shortcut on the Desktop to accessing your "Recycle Bin"!

Good luck!

Hans Pauli.