All JAWS users,
Is there a way to turn quick keys off. I believe quick keys are my problem I
will provide an example below to see if maybe I have misdiagnosed the problem.

example:
I am typing a message in a chat window on facebook which I have not had a
problem with until today. Ok here goes the example.
Hello How are you doing "t" (new tab page) and I am not able to type anymore
until I tab back to the facebook page. This does not only happen with the
letter T but also other letters.

the only reason for the I.E. upgrade from 7 to 8 was due to the fact my chat
screen would not pull up on facebook without the upgrade.