hi janice, just so you know, for your notes

   From: "David Ferrin" <ow...@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:02 PM
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [JAWS-Users] daily tip

Use the Secret Send To Menu Items
When you right-click on any file or folder, you can use the Send To menu to create a zipped version, or send the file to an application, but in Windows 7 there
are hidden items on the Send To menu that can't be seen by default.
All you have to do is hold down the Shift key, then right-click on a file
and access
the Send To folder-you'll see a whole bunch of new items in the list, like
special
folders, and even an item for each one of your drives. It's a really useful
tip for
quickly sending a file to the flash drive you just plugged into the PC,
without having to do anything else.
This tip was found at
Stupid Geek Tricks: Secret Items on the Windows 7 Send To Menu
[How-To Geek]
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/stupid-geek-tricks-secret-items-on-the-windows-7-send-to-menu/
Open a Command Prompt from Any Folder
This is one of those tips that most real geeks already know, but chances are there's somebody reading this that doesn't know about it. If you hold down the Shift key while right-clicking on any folder, including the desktop background, you'll see a new item for Open command window here, that will open a command prompt
with that folder as the default path.
This tip only works in Windows 7 or Vista, for Windows XP you'll need to use a registry hack to accomplish the same thing. We can't mention this tip without telling
you how to do the opposite.
you can Ever been doing some work at the command line when you realized. it would be a lot easier if I could just use the mouse for this task? One command later, you'll
have
a window open to the same place that you're at.
This same tip works in more than one operating system, so we'll detail how
to do
it in every way we know how.
Just type the following command into your command prompt:
Explorer
Note: You could actually just type "start ." instead.
And you'll then see a file browsing window set to the same directory you
were previously
at. And yes, this also came from Stupid Geek Tricks: Open a Command Prompt
From the
Desktop Right-Click Menu [How-To Geek]
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15781/open-a-file-browser-from-your-current-command-promptterminal-directory/

David Ferrin