From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com]on Behalf Of
Mobeen Iqbal
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 6:53 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Jaws with Windows xp mode in
Windows 7

Hi.

For reference, Partition wizard is totally inaccessible,
i've just tried
it. i too use Norton, and plan on finding an accessible
sollution soon
when i upgrade to windows7. I've been trying to find a
portable
partition manager as i've always been a fan of click and run
apps with
out installation.

Mo.

Steve wrote:
> Hey Don,
>
> Partition Magic won't work in Vista or Windows 7,
according to Norton.
> It hasn't been updated in five years, from what I've seen.
I am sure
> it won't work in 64-bit systems. You can try
> http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html
> which works in 32-bit or 64-bit systems. Don't know how
accessible it

<djrisav...@cox.net>
Windows 7

>> Ok well then will try it out with my other screen reader
and see what
>> happens as have an old program Partition magic that isn't
compatible
>> with
>> win 7 or win vista that prefer to use when partitioning
hard drives.

>> So many thanks for the answers and explanation on what's
happening or
>> going
>> on when using Jaws in windows xp mode.

Of chris
>> hallsworth
>> Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 5:11 AM
>> To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
>> Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Jaws with Windows xp mode in
Windows 7

>> Hi,
>> This has been discussed on the Windows 7 list.
Unfortunately, it is not
>> possible to use JAWS in a Windows XP mode environment.
Virtual PC
>> creates a terminal session by default, and JAWS doesn't
understand that
>> it's not actually a terminal session; rather a "virtual"
terminal
>> session created by Virtual PC. As a result JAWS thinks
you're trying to
>> run it in a terminal session, and therefore will not work
and instead
>> display an error message and quits. For the record, other
screen readers
>> work, but this is outside the scopes of this list.
>> Sorry about that.
>>

>> Signed by Chris Hallsworth
>> E-mail and Facebook: christopher...@googlemail.com
>> MSN: ch9...@hotmail.com
>> Skype: chrishallsworth7266
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/christopherh40
>>
>> On 18/07/2010 4:40, Don Risavy, Jr. wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> Wondered if anyone has been able to successfully use
Jaws 11 in
>>> Windows XP
>>> mode in Windows 7 to access or use earlier programs that
aren't or
>>> won't
>> be
>>> compatible with Windows 7?
>>>

>>> If so are there any special settings needed in order to
successfully
>>> use
>>> Jaws in the Windows XP compatible mode in Windows 7?
>>>

>>> Thanks.
>>>

>>> For answers to frequently asked questions about this
list visit: