Chris,

To use an analogy, since in XP you can uninstall IE8 and rollback that way, you are only undoing one thing. If she did a System Restore, she would lose other updates that her brother did. It's kind of like taking a sledge hammer to pound in a nail.

From a good computer tech troubleshooting standpoint, the whole object is
"DO NO HARM!" You start with the least destructive resolution and work up from there.

Steve
Lansing, MI

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Gilland" <cgilla...@carolina.rr.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Internet problem

o, k? not meaning to then argue with you, but why then, on my end did I once do a system restore, and it did! roll back a version of software I had. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, nor defensive as much as reason with you. I wonder why that happened then on my end. It's not I doubt you, but I then don't understand why on my end, it did! roll it back, and this may I add was software, not even a driver.

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimi...@verizon.net>