See previous response to earlier note. Simulating a clikc does not read it :). It opens automatically you need press nothing to open it, but reading it in its entirety is the issue. I know a different screen reader has a hot key for reading such balloons but the cursor is horrid to get where you want it, I hadn't tried it with this balloon, I figured there must be a Jaws hot key for it, perhaps not. Maybe I ought try tech support too.

Brad

At 11:47 AM 8/17/2010, you wrote:
To access the balloon, you do a simulated left-click the numpad slash key. In laptop configurations, caps-loc 8.

----- Original Message ----- From: "BDM" <li...@braddunsemusic.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Balloon hot key

Yes that Locks the left mouse  button as if holding it to drag and drop

Brad

At 06:12 AM 8/17/2010, you wrote:

isn't that for a left mouse click?

Mo.

Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press wrote:
I believe it is:
Num pad slash for desktop or caps lock number 8 for laptops.

At 12:53 AM 8/17/2010, you wrote:
Some web sites have a little help balloon or other information in a balloon that opens up when you point the jaws cursor over a graphic. Is there a hot key that will read just what is in the box/balloon? I couldn't find any info on it in the help files. I'm using the latest Jaws 11 update as of a week ago or so.

Thanks.

Brad

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5372 (20100817) __________

http://www.eset.com

Brad Dunse

The frst thgn they teach you  n wrting s to remove all the 's.
 Don't know does  t work for you?

E Mail: b...@braddunsemusic.com

Website: http://www.braddunsemusic.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1464323555

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/braddunse

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5373 (20100817) __________

http://www.eset.com

Brad Dunse

Birth… learn… intern… earn… lectern… sojourn… adjourn…
Enjoy the ride, its shorter than you think