To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2010 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] System Tray

Hi Jenny;

Try the following.
From: "Dana S. Leslie" <
dsles...@alumni.princeton.edu>
If you are using Windows Xp, here is what you do:
Press the Windows Key then press escape to be in an empty Taskbar, press the
applications key / right click to open the context menu, arrow to
properties, and press enter. This will take you
to the Taskbar properties dialogue.  The " Notification Area Hide inactive
icons" checkbox must be checked for the next step to work. Press alt + C,
for " Notification Area Customize..., " this opens a list of all
the icons that can appear in the system tray. Scroll down the list till you
find the one you're interested in. Press right arrow, and you will be in a
drop down that offers three choices: Hide when Inactive, Never Show, and
Always show. Select Always Show, and left arrow. Press Enter twice, to save
your changes, and exit.

HOWEVER, I have found that, even though you set a particular icon to Always Show, some icons have a nasty habit of reverting to Hide When Inactive (the
default), for no reason I have been able to ascertain. If this is the case
with the icon you are concerned with, you will simply have to continually
reset it. I don't know of any way around this apparent. bug.
Dana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jenny Dawson" <jjdaw...@iinet.net.au>