From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Flor Lynch
Sent: 16 October 2010 12:33 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Centering text and JAWS

It gets more complicated still when you include font size, and
non-proportionate fonts, which are standard, making such points less
relevant. It'll all come out fine in the printout - or, visually, the
Print Preview.

So, for a verbal or surface understanding, let's use a typewriter and
insert a sheet of A4 paper where a full line might be 60 or 65
characters in width (depending on margin settings, particularly the
right margin), and subtract the number of characters in the centred text
from 65 and then divide the remainder by two, allowing for one more
space to the right if the centred text has an odd or even number of
characters - depending on what the margin settings are. thus, where the
right margin was half-an-inch (5 spaces), the left margin 1 inch (10
spaces), you have 65 spaces (or 6.5 inches) width to play with on an A4
standard sheet of paper. If the centred text is 20 characters, it will
start from a position 22 spaces in from the left margin. (this is how we
used to do things.)