From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Flor Lynch
Sent: 18 October 2010 10:08 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Centering text and JAWS

Derick,

that 'little detail' cannot be physically (or 'tactually') known at the
time, due to non-proportional spacing, font sizes and font point sizes,
whether bolding or underlining or italics are being used, until the
cantered heading or text has been completed. You still have the
'template' of how this was formerly done, so use that as a frame of
reference or guide and trust that it, too, solves the foreseeable
problems. The printed characters are smaller than theyr former
typewritten equivalents, but the non-proportional spacing negates that
to some degree, at least in my understanding of it (which may, of
course, be flawed!) There are also margin settings in text editors and
in our word-processing programs. And for 'typing' in general now, in the
JAWS - application and/or default - Configuration manager (Set Options
Text Processing dialogue), JAWS has four Indicate newLines When:
checkboxes that may be used.