Actually you should be able to arrow down past the search box on the start menu. When I arrow down once I come to the Windows Live Mail submenu followed by MS word and then MS excel etc etc. I believe there are eighteen items on my start menu.

-----Original Message----- From: Adi Kushnir
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 9:13 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Windows 7 Start Menu

The win7 start menu is different.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Justice" <ricjust...@jaws-users.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 3:06 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Windows 7 Start Menu

In Windows XP and earlier, you could down arrow, or up arrow thru the start
menu.
In Windows 7, it is my understanding that the search box is at the top of
the start menu,
if this is true, why can't I down arrow in the start menu?
It would appear to me that down arrowing would move to the next item in the
list.

Thanks in advance,
Rick Justice

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com