From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Alan Dicey
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:18 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] question: Number Row or Num Pad

Dear Friends,
Please help clear up a debate I and some friends had concerning those
folks,
using JAWS, and who must be very fast on their Keyboards, and will need
use numbers a lot during a telephone conversation, i.e., Customer
Services,
Reservationists, Telephone Sales.
Do those of you who fall into these categories for employment use the
"Number Row" to input numbers while speed typing to keep up with a
person on
the telephone,
Or
Do you hit your "Num Locks Key", and use you or number pad?

I myself would feel worried about using my "Num Pad", as I often use the

"Num Pad" for JAWS or Windows commands, even "routing PC to JAWS".
And I might forget or might get tired of turning it on and off all the
time!
Although I must say, I input numbers much faster using the Num Pad!

Thanks for any comments.

With Best Regards,
Alan
Miami, Florida
Alan Dicey, President
"Yes, Blind and Visually Impaired People, Can, and Do, Play Chess!"
United States Braille Chess Association Home Page:
http://AmericanBlindChess.org