  From: Patti
  To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
  Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:22 AM
  Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Importing an address

  Hey Mike and David,
  I got the address book exported ok, but in outlook express I have 3 other
  addressbooks. How do I get them in CSB, and TXT? I did the main
addressbook.
  Patti

  Exporting OE's Addressbook (Text/CSV)

  Exporting An Outlook Express Addressbook
  There are many reasons for wanting to export your Outlook Express
  addressbook. Having a backup file is always a good idea so that you can
  replace your addressbook
  if it becomes damaged or lost. I would recommend backing it up to
removable
  media that can be stored away from your computer. If you back up to the
hard
  drive (usually "C" drive) your back up can become corrupted or destroyed
if
  you have hard drive trouble. You can also import your addressbook easily
  into
  another computer if you save it to a floppy or other removable storage
  media. There are two ways to export and import addressbook files. You can
  use OE's
  proprietary WAB format or use the text or CSV formats.

  One important note: If you are exporting to a CD Rom and then importing it
  from there to another computer you should drag the file onto your computer
  first,
  I'd suggest to your "Desktop", then right click on it and check the
  properties. It is usually set to "Read only", which will be unusable for
  import. Just
  uncheck it and then follow the import steps.

  Exporting your address book to a text or comma separated value (CSV) file.
  1. Open Outlook Express email client. Choose "file" from the menu, then
  scroll down to "export...". Choose "addressbook" from the sub-menu.
  You will export the address book from the main Outlook Express file menu.
  2. You will then be given some choices, at least two. They will be choices
  for the export format. One is Microsoft Exchange addressbook and the other
  is
  "text file (comma separated values)". Choose text file (csv) and click
  "Export".

  Make sure to choose "Text File (comma separated values)".

  3. You will then get the export wizard. You will need to select a place to
  store the file. Use the "browse" button to locate a place to store the
file,
  I would suggest "desktop" to make it easy to find. Make a name for the
file,
  like "addressbook"; and choose a format, either txt or csv (comma
separated
  values).
  Click "save" and you will be taken back to the wizard.
  In this box you will choose 1. a place, 2. a format, and 3. a name for
your
  exported file.
  4. At the wizard box, click "Next" and you will get a new dialog box where
  you can choose which fields will be exported. For instance, if you have
  Names,
  email address, and phone numbers checked, but don't wish to include the
  phone numbers, just uncheck that box. When you have selected the fields
you
  want,
  click "finish" and the program will create the file.

  I would suggest that you create the file both as txt and csv. Comma
  Separated values are great for importing into databases and spreadsheet.