Hi,

I am still using skype 3.8 as well. I downgraded IE 8 again here sometime back but did not experience any conflict between IE 8 and skype. I never install the browser plugins though.

I would uninstall skype completely and then reinstall avoiding the browser blugins. Additionally, disable the use of skuype for "call to" links in skype's advanced options unless you have specific need for that feature.

hth

Doris