Don't think JAWS9 supports IE8- and if that's correct, it could explain your
problem.

Cher

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Dwight Johnson
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 9:18 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] IE 8 and menu bar problem

Greetings:

I am using Jaws 9 and windows xp.  A few days ago I went from IE 7 to IE 8.
Now when I go to the menu bar Jaws will read the headings such as file,
edit, view and so forth.  When I press down arrow to enter one of those
items Jaws says context menu and then goes silent and will not speak again
until I press escape to return to the bar.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dwight Johnson