This is Vicky responding. In my slow down case, it is something that I've just noticed within the last year or so.

However, since I am known for trying out various JAWS settings and then not being able to figure out what new change was caused by what specific setting I might have changed, let alone under what sub menu to look for it, I have no idea if this problem comes from a JAWS setting or the ageing computer.

Thanks! Vicky
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike & Barbara In Arcadia" <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] How to decrease time for JAWS to respond

Hi Riana & Vicky,

Were your computers working fine & then all of sudden the computer started
reacting really slow in responding to the keyboard commands? I have played around with Keyboard & Accessibility Options in the control panel & haven't
been able to duplicate the problem.  I had this same issue several months
ago but, it had to do with using an adaptor to make a USB keyboard work on a
PS2 computer.  I know I'm not being much help but, these weird occurrences
like the both of yours intrigue me.  Take care.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: Van Der Walt Riana