That's very strange! So pressing F8 brings up the JAWS menu within Word? Does this happen everywhere or just Word? This should only happen when pressing JAWS + j. I would have you check out a few things in Keyboard Manager, but just installing the new update should fix this key map as well.

*Don Marang*
Vinux Software Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org <http://www.vinuxproject.org/> There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter.
-- Dean Kamen