Hello Mandy;

If you want to hear unread messages you can do the following;

You need to label the jaws graphics for the unread, and attachments.

To do this try the following;

In Windows Live Mail Do the following steps to label the "unread" and
"attachment" graphics in the message list, so they will be announced.

1. First make sure that within the Windows Live Mail application that it is
configured to read labeled graphics. Without Configuration Manager set this

way, the message status will never get read.

2. Temporarily set the verbosity to read all graphics by pressing
Insert+V=adjust jaws options, now press the letter G until you hear
"Graphics". Press the Spacebar until it announces "all",

then press Enter. .

3. Move to an unread message, then route the JAWS Cursor to the PC Cursor by
pressing Insert + NumPad minus (-).

If your using a laptop layout, you would press caps-lock-key+left bracket.

4. Navigate to the left of the unnamed graphic message by pressing
Ctrl+Left-arrow.

5. Press Insert+G to label the graphic. Type in "unread" without the quotes,
and press Enter-key.

6. Press the NumPad plus to make certain that the PC Cursor is enabled.

7. Move to a message with an attachment, then route the JAWS Cursor to the
PC Cursor.

8. Move on top of the unnamed graphic to the left of the message by pressing
Ctrl+Left-arrow.

9. Press Insert+G to label the graphic. Type in "attachment" without the
quotes, and press Enter.

10. Press the NumPad plus to make certain that the PC Cursor is enabled.

11. Set the verbosity back to read labeled graphics by pressing
Insert+V=adjust jaws options, then press G until you hear "Graphics".
Insert+Press
Space until it announces "labeled",

then press Enter.

Hope this is helpful.