So let me get this right you have the adapctech dual tuner and a Hauppauge tuner card? That makes 3 tuners. You would have to have your cable source hooked to both to get both to get channels. Running both shouldn't be much, because there software and drivers are different. Now as far as DVD and video's. The computer handles those two different. you can rip the DVD and get a 4mbg file. Because you can only have one DVD in the CDROM. Its not possible to get the tuner cards listings to show up with the DVD or video files. there just to different in handling.

At 12:38 PM 8/31/2011, you wrote:
My first tuner card is an Adaptech duel tuner.

I think if both channels were working, I might be home free.

What I want to happen, is for a card to give me the opportunity to think of the DVD or video playing in the same way as a TV show that is playing and be able to record it in the same fashion.

The whole point of this, is so I would then be able to have all my movie titles displayed for selection, just as my recorded shows are displayed.

Thanks for your continued help! Vicky
----- Original Message ----- From: "Trouble" <troub...@columbus.rr.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:46 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Suggestions or Cautions Please?

What is the other tuner card?

At 10:02 PM 8/30/2011, you wrote:
Thank you for your thoughts on my TV tuner problem!

The problem I have, is that my duel tuner only now works on one source.

I have not been successful in finding a replacement duel tuner.

What I did, was to buy a Win Hauppauge single tuner card and also install it. Perhaps my problems stem from the two cards not wanting to play nice with each other.

My computer is a laptop and is probably about 6 years old.

Thanks much for any help! Vicky
----- Original Message ----- From: "Grant Hardy" <grantha...@gmail.com>