Be sure Open Book is closed before you attempt to remove it. Also, use the Windows Task Manager to terminate any Open Book processes that may be running in the background.

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Stansifer" <lar...@infowest.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2011 8:33 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Removing a program

Hi Folks,

I have a corrupted file in my copy of "OpenBook 8.0," When I
attempt to remove it using either the "Control Panel" or the
"Program Sub-menu" I get the following message.

OpenBook
An installation support file could not be installed.
The parameter is incorrect.

I am running Jaws 10.latest and Windows XP Service Pack
three.
How can I safely remove "OpenBook" from my machine?
I tried the program CD in another machine and it doesn't
seem to be corrupted.

TNX

Larry