Daily Tip:
A Real Turn-Off

External hard drives offer outstanding speed as backup devices, and avoid the
disc-swapping that plagues users who back up to CD or DVD. However, if you
leave your backup drive turned on and plugged into your PC all the time, you
place your backups at risk of being contaminated by viruses, worms, or other
malware. Turn off your external hard drive when not in use. Click the green
arrow icon in the System Tray first to tell Windows to safely shut down its
connection to the drive so no unwritten data will be lost in transit.
David Ferrin
I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I'll probably screw that one up too.