That's JAWS reading the Unicode value. (you can change that.) The © = the copyright symbol.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janie Degenshein" <jdege...@comcast.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2011 9:21 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] daily tip

Hey David
When my jaws reads the (c) for example it reads:
character u s plus a nine hex
What the heck is your symbol supposed to tell me?

Keep Smiling,
Janie Degenshein
"Happiness isn't having what you want, but wanting what you already have"
Access Tech Consultant
Facilitator of ECHO
(Eyes Closed Hearts Open)
Co-host of OTBS On The Bright Side