Hi Andy,

I got an error when trying to use the Quick Settings in Internet Explorer
after installing JAWS 13.  I will paste my error into this message so you
can see if it is the same one you are getting.  I assume after some
discussion with others, including another JAWS user who had the same error,
that I did not have a needed file, probably because I do not have Service
Pack 3 installed.  That is a long story that has nothing to do with JAWS.  I
searched for the file the error message said was missing and found it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3988

I downloaded the first file and my Quick Settings feature then worked.  In
addition, the Research It feature did not work for me in JAWS 13 at all.  It
found no results, but did not give me an error message.  The file I
downloaded apparently was needed for Research It also on my computer because
it began to work after I downloaded the file.  I am using XP Home with SP2.

Here is the error message I got:

QuickSettings Validation Error Internet Explorer
Error gathering files to parse
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\13.0\Settings\enu\Default.qs
Cannot use the MSXML 6.0 parser.  Please ensure that you have the MSXML 6
component installed.
Line Not Available
Col  Not Available
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\13.0\Settings\enu\Default.qsm
Cannot use the MSXML 6.0 parser.  Please ensure that you have the MSXML 6
component installed.
Line Not Available
Col  Not Available
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\13.0\Settings\enu\Internet Explorer.qs
Cannot use the MSXML 6.0 parser.  Please ensure that you have the MSXML 6
component installed.
Line Not Available
Col  Not Available
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\13.0\Settings\enu\Internet Explorer.qsm
Cannot use the MSXML 6.0 parser.  Please ensure that you have the MSXML 6
component installed.
Line Not Available
Col  Not Available
OK