Hi Jim,

I don't know why but, whenever you make a hardware change it screws up the
Jaws activation & you have to re-activate Jaws.  I was experimenting with
sound cards, & kept asking FS to reset my activation keys & low & behold, I
received a phone call from FS wanting to know what was going on!  So
anyways, be prepared to re-activate Jaws whenever you make a hardware
change.  The lesson is, always make sure you have activation keys available
before you make hardware changes.  The steps for checking your activation
keys are below;

Checking remaining activation keys steps;
I posted a question to FS about how to determine the number of activation
keys remaining. In case any of you wanted to find out, here are their
instructions, verbatim:

Thank you for contacting Freedom Scientific Support.

We suggest going to FSACTIVATE.com

http://www.fsactivate.com
2. Click on the continue product activation button.
3. Down arrow to: Verify the number of activation keys available for
your Freedom Scientific product and press enter.
4. Down arrow to serial number and again down arrow to edit.
Type in your JAWS serial number and press enter on the submit button.
5. Underneath the first seven digits of the authorization number, you
will find the number of keys remaining.

 If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact
us.

Take care.
Mike