it's an artifact or bug inn the authorization software (ILM), that JAWS uses.

----- Original Message ----- From: "jim" <buckeye...@wowway.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 3:54 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] sounds in device manager

Hi list:

In device manager I went under sounds and removed a sound driver which I had installed when I upgraded my computer to windows 7.

The reason I did this was to allow my new Bose usb speakers to work smoothly with my computer.

What was happening was on start up my computer was ignoring the Bose usb speakers even though I had them set as the default speakers.

Things are working fine now.

My question is: after removing the sound driver and going back to the original driver installed on my computer. I was taken to the authorization page for Jaws. I had to put my authorization disk into the computer and authorize it again or I would have ran in demo mode.

Why did my computer behave this way? What I did had nothing to do with Jaws.

I am just trying to gain a greater understanding of how Jaws works with my computer.

Everything is working smoothly now and I am very happy with jaws 13 and I am thankful for F S and all the hard work that they do for us.

Happy New years and god bless…Jim