Totally disagree, there is nothing wrong with 64 bit and why not try and keep up with technology if you can.

I have been using a 64 bit windows 7 with jaws for two years now and I love it.

Graham

-----Original Message----- From: Mobeen Iqbal
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:25
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] in the market for a new laptop

Hi Kathy.

I certainly would not go with 64bit. The amount of complaints we've had
about it! a friend of mine runs a PC repair business and people find it
a lot more convenient to downgrade to 32bit. the reality is that if your
pc only has 4GB or less of memory, 32bit windows is fine. if it has 4GB
or more, then they recommend 64bit but in reality 32bit can work on
windows with up to 16GB of ram using PAE or physical address extention
technology. this probably isn't the place to discuss 32bit verses 64bit,
but i've a feeling that you're paying extra for jaws 64bit, i haven't
checked out the latest prices but i do know that there are separate
versions of jaws for 32bit systems and 64bit systems.

I hope that helps, feel free to write me off list if you need more
clarification at:

mobeeniq...@gmail.com

Mo.