it is the way of the future however, I had to stay with 32 bit because of some driver issues. Not too long ago I had some problems and went back to the shop that built my system. I was going to have 64 installed and was talked out of it because of the driver issues. My wife has a dyesublimitation printer that there are no 64 bit drivers. Since jaws works with both 64 and 32 bit this made it easy for me. I can easily go the 64 bit way in the future. the ms authorization is for both operating systems. The shop would just burn me a 64 bit install and there would be no additional charge. They only recommend 64 if you are purchasing all new hardware, printers etc. or using more than 3 gb of memory for some heavy games.

-----Original Message----- From: Hamit Campos
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:22 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] in the market for a new laptop

Well, yeah, that's what I was thinking too, it looks like 64 bit is the way
of the future, but I just didn't say it because it's her choise in the end
on who to really listen to, but not only that. It's her choise in the end on
what porformence she's after. So, I just stuck to giving her the facts in  a
simple to understand and I did tell her about the FScast on which Jonathan
and Eric talk about the difference, and this way she will get the info for
her self and deside. That way she makes the choise that ereally makes her
happy.