Rich,

I thought you said before that you were using ATT. Each domain of ATT has different settings for your pop3 and smtp server. If you do a Google search for Bellsouth.net and "Outlook Express", you would find the page from Bellsouth where you can see how to set up each email program.\

I'm surprised, frankly, this page that I'm copying below doesn't reference using SSL or anything. I chedcked the bottom of the page and it said copyright 2011.

1. Open Outlook Express.
2. Click on Set up a Mail account...

bellsouth/cs.main.email.outlookexpress.01-01

3. Click the button next to Create a new Internet mail account.
4. Click Next.

bellsouth/cs.main.email.outlookexpress.01-02

5. Enter your name as you would like for it to appear in the From field of outgoing messages.
6. Click Next.

bellsouth/cs.main.email.outlookexpress.01-03

7. Click the button next to I already have an e-mail address that I'd like to use.
8. Enter your complete e-mail address.
9. Click Next.

bellsouth/cs.main.email.outlookexpress.01-04

10. Select POP3 from the drop down box.
11. In the Incoming mail server enter mail.bellsouth.net.
12. In the Outgoing mail server enter mail.bellsouth.net.
13. Click Next.

bellsouth/cs.main.email.outlookexpress.01-05

14. Enter your account name.
Hint: It is the letters, characters, and numbers to the left of the @ sign in your e-mail address. 15. Enter your e-mail password. You will not see your password. Asterisks (*) will appear for each character entered. 16. Make sure the Logon using Secure Password Authentication is NOT selected.
17. Click Next.

bellsouth/cs.main.email.outlookexpress.01-06

18. Click Finish. You are now ready to send and receive e-mail messages.

Steve
Lansing, MI

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Hamel" <rcha...@bellsouth.net>