Jacques,

Have you contacted Freedom Scientific about this question? This might be a good place to start since they may know of a program that works well or even one that will not. The bigger issue is going to be what do employers use or if you are going to set up your own practice, what format you will be able to get material in for transcription and which formats are required by doctors. It won't help you at all if the program works with Jaws but is not compatible with your market. Now that medical records are moving to digital files, compatibility is very important. If you plan to make paper copies, I suspect you are looking at a dead end career with a somewhat short lifespan. Some documents will always need paper copies but even then, doctors will want that digital file for the patient record.

-----Original Message----- From: Jacques Pilon
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 9:48 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] what is the name of an accessible and compatiblemedical transcription computer program with jaws

Hello listers,

I am looking for an accessible medical transcription computer program that can be used with jaws; does anyone know of such a program. Maybe someone out there knows a blind medical transcriber and could find out for me what accessible medical trascription computer program they are using and with which jaws program. Perhaps, someone could then relay me the information. That would be great. I would need this info if I am going to possibly pursue a career in medical transcription.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Take care,

Jacques