I think your Adobe Reader is set to use the IE Add-In.  For
accessibility, especially on large PDF documents, I find it better to
have it open in the Adobe Reader application.  To set this, do the
following:

1.  Find the Adobe Reader X in the Start menu under All Programs.

2.  Hit Enter on the Adobe Reader X item to open the full application.

3.  Press Alt + e, to open the Edit menu.  Arrow up to Accessibility and
arrow right to the sub menu and select "Setup Assistant...".

4.  On the 5th page of 5 there is a checkbox for"Display PDF documents
in a web browser".  Uncheck this box.

5.  Finish the Assistant wizard and close the Reader application.

I hope this solves your issues!

*Don Marang*
Vinux Package Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org
<http://www.vinuxproject.org/>