thanks, that worked like a charm. I could not remember where it was located. I am at the point where my wife and I have a half of memory between us.

-----Original Message----- From: John R Vaughn
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 8:44 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] closing IE pages

Lenny,
While on a web page in IE 9, alt for menu, t for tools and O for options.
Now on the general page, tab over to tab browsing settings and enter.  As
you tab through the dialogue box, the second control "warn me when closing
web pages", on my computer is the check box to check or uncheck as desired.
Mine is checked so I get the warning option of which tab to close when
exiting an IE web page.
John