1, go to desktop,
Windows key+m,

2, press the keystroke,
Ctrl+spacebar,
To unselect all icons.

3, press the applications key, and down arrow and enter on, New sub menu.

4, now arrow and enter on,
New shortcut.

5,Now type the following in the edit box,
sndvol
6, tab next, press enter.
You will see/hear;
sndvol.exe
Tab finish press enter.

Now, if you would like a hot-key,

1, desktop,
Press the letter "s" until you hear,
sndvol.exe.

2, now press alt+enter to bring up the properties,

3, tab until you hear;
Shortcut key none,
Here you could type "v"=volume or what ever letter you wish, Now press
enter.
So, alt+ctrl+v would bring up the sndvol properties page.

Hope this helps.